The first cattle chute was constructed in the backyard
garage in 1946 by Ben Filson for someone that would like to
have "something to hold cattle while working them."
This chute was made of used odds and ends, pipe, one-way
gears and other old metal, but it worked!! As time
went on, Ben was asked to build a few more chutes for area
farmers and ranchers. He expanded his sales territory
by selling off the back of his truck at sale barns. In
1959, Gary joined his father and by this time a number
of dealers had been established throughout the Midwest.